Sunday, January 24, 2010

DOCTORS: Can I take Yasmin (birth control), Accutane (acne), & Topamax (for weight loss) at the same time?

I have really bad acne, so I would like to take Accutane to clear my acne. I have already been prescribed the medication by my dermatologist but I also have to take Yasmin, a birth control medication while taking Accutane. Strong Med; High Risk for Birth Defects, etc. BUT....I am also very overweight and a friend of mine was prescribed Topamax to help her with weight loss, shes lost 72 pounds using this?!!? (it was not prescribed to her b/c seizures or migraines). I know that it is okay to take Yasmin %26amp; Accutane together. Also that its okay to take Yasmin %26amp; Topamax together b/c my friend does. But I am not sure of the interaction between all three medications at the same time. Can anyone tell me if I can take all three medications at the same time? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE helpDOCTORS: Can I take Yasmin (birth control), Accutane (acne), %26amp; Topamax (for weight loss) at the same time?
I was on Topamax for about a year for migraines, I did lose 40 or so pounds. Once you get to 200 mg of Topamax that's when you have to I believe..you have to get on a low estragen birth control pill. I read a lot of bad things about Topamax and it kind of did bad things to me, I started gettin Panic attacks(I still do sometimes) and it made me pretty depressed and angry and I ended up in the hospital and they thought it was my body showing signs of trying to have a stroke, but it was the Topamax.. so you should definately read up on these medicines they can do some harm.DOCTORS: Can I take Yasmin (birth control), Accutane (acne), %26amp; Topamax (for weight loss) at the same time?
I would call a pharmacy and ask.......I thought Topamax isnt good with oral birth control.

No comments:

Post a Comment