Sunday, January 24, 2010

Will my household insurance cover the loss of my 26cc Radio Control Car?

I have just bought a 26cc radio control monster beetle (1/5 scale), and know how to get third party insurance (brca.org), but am unsure what would happen if it got pinched! The car and the accessories cost me over 拢500 second hand, but had I have bought them new, it would have cost nearer 拢1000. If anyone can shed any light on my dilemma, I'd be forever grateful!!Will my household insurance cover the loss of my 26cc Radio Control Car?
This will depend on your insurance policy - you need to check the small print and find out. You should look out for whether you have to declare individual items that are over a certain value.Will my household insurance cover the loss of my 26cc Radio Control Car?
If it is stolen from inside your house (or garage), it should be covered by your contents insurance. If you want to cover it while it is away from the house (e.g. if you take it to places to race it) you should make sure it is covered under your Personal Belongings insurance. Might be a good idea to mention it to your insurer, so that there are no hassles later.
anything that is in your house or garage should be covered by your house contents insurance..
You will need to check your policy, as insurance companies will do anything to stop paying out!
The best thing to do is to talk to your insurance agent and maybe take out a special policy to protect your car. Then your car would be insured against fire, theft, water damage, accidental breakage, etc. Otherwise your regular insurance policy will typically not cover it.
if it was nicked from in ya house....i guess it wouls be covered......

No comments:

Post a Comment