Sunday, January 24, 2010

Does birth control cause hair loss?

Has anyone ever experienced hair loss while taking birth control pills, I am on Apri (same as Desogen) and I think I am loosing my hair...it is normally very thick, but it's not as thick now and I keep finding strands of my hair everywhere, not to mention when I brush or wash a bit comes out...just wondering if its the pills and if it will stop or what, I have been on them for 2 and a half years.Does birth control cause hair loss?
Yes, my hair is a little bit thinner too. I am also on Desogen. But at least it does not make you gain weight, most birth control pills do. No, your hair will stay a little thinner, it will not get any thinner than usual, it will stop at a certain point. Your hair won't be as thick, but it's not anything really noticeable besides a little extra hair being shed.Does birth control cause hair loss?
I know that hair loss can be a sign of hormonal imbalance or other hormonal issues. Of course birth control could throw your hormones out of whack. It's worth it to get some blood tests done just to make sure it's not anything serious. Better yet seek help with an eastern medicine practitioner or try acupuncture that should help for sure. Good luck
  • makeup look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment