Sunday, January 24, 2010

I want to go on birth control for weight gain and body hair loss... what do I tell the gynecologist?

I'm not sure how to go about that without sounding like an idiot. I have some body hair that is probably not normal for a woman to have, and I wish to also gain weight... particularly in the breast area and arms. I have heard certain birth control pills contain hormones that can help with these problems.


Any info regrading this will be appreciated :)I want to go on birth control for weight gain and body hair loss... what do I tell the gynecologist?
Don't hide your reasons, there's no need... especially from a medical professional.





women have different reasons to want birth control pills, only some of those reasons being birth control, and your gyno will likely be far more understanding and helpful than you think.





Tell your Gyno about your real reasons - it will make him or her able to prescribe the best pill for your purposes.





And please don't be ashamed of your reasons - you are not as abnormal as much of society would have you believe!





there are pills in existance for hair growth reduction, so you can at least get some help with this. I'm not entirely sure about the pill's effect on specific weight gain... the best person to ask is of course, your gyno ;)





Feel better and just be open and honest :)I want to go on birth control for weight gain and body hair loss... what do I tell the gynecologist?
Tell the truth about your concerns, mention the pill if you want, but I suspect a doctor would not want to prescribe it unless it was required for birth control or hormonal problems, as there are risks, especially with long-term use... so they would likely want to reserve it for if/when you actually needed it.





A doctor would be able to find the drug/treatment most appropriate for your problem. You may find that there's something far better than the pill.





There are creams available now that reduce hair growth, which I imagine would be preferable to pills.





There's no miracle drug that will dramatically increase breast size, or the implant business would be obselete. Weight training on your upper body should make a difference, and learn to appreciate your size %26amp; shape. I'm sure many women (myself included) would give their eye teeth for your slim figure.





There may come a day when you long for the time you worried about your slim physique. Time, pregnancy etc will likely fill you out a bit eventually.
How about a shave and meatballs Doc?





Kidding aside; you may sound foolish using the terms and conditions you use.


Advise: separate request, ask for birth control. Then ask him/her how to lose the unwanted hair (easy multiple solutions).


About the weight desires, weight training in arms ; breast area....leave that alone.
I would start with remembering that a doctor works for me.





Then I would say, ';Hello, I have a perceived problem with... (insert here). I have done some research and feel that (insert here) might help. What do you think?';
Be honest. Tell her what you need and if she doesn't help you get a new gyno.
Hello,





There are birth control medication that help decrease male characteristics (antiandrogens), these may possibly be helpful with the hair issue, along with other benefits. The BC's that have antimineralcoricoid (designed so the patient would not have an increase in body weight due to water retention). So, I would go with something that only has antiandrogenic effect, maybe something with desogestrel or norgerstimate. Gaining weight is considered a side effect but I would assume the gynecologist would probably know which birth controls cause the most gain in weight just from seeing it in practice. If you would like to gain weight, my advice to you is to increase the intake of calories.





I would like to remind you that BC is not recommended just for these uses because as with all medications, they come with side effects, risks, etc. If you were planning to go on birth control regardless, you should definitely mention these concerns to your gynecologist.





-TK
How about telling him/her the truth.......you may feel ';like an idiot'; but I'm sure your dr has heard far worse %26amp; there may be a better approach than birth control pills.





Good Luck!
The birth control pill does not cause weight gain nor body hair loss.





There are healthier ways to gain weight.





You should not go on the pill for something other that what it is for (Hormonal imbalance or preventing pregnancy).





If you want to gain weight, you should see your doctor about it.





The birth control pill does not do anything with hair. You need to take other medication for that. Spironolactone is one. You should see an Endocrinologist about your hair problem.
Tell him/her exactly that!
I'm sure they've heard it all. Just be honest.
Tell the truth... there's probably a much better way of getting what you want.
tell ur feeling...
Tell them your problems first and then they will be better able to help you deal with them. Instead of just asking for bc pills automatically (and they think it's for contraception), tell them your issues and they could have a better idea, or need to do more tests.
I personally think that is a bad idea.


The reason why most women gain weight is because they start it when they start college %26amp; form bad eating habits.


I weigh 130 pounds and didnt gain any when I went on it. All the pill did was cause me to become emotional.


Maybe look into lazer hair removal (but that has its side effects as well)








Im my opinion it is not a good idea, It altered my emotions %26amp; did not seem safe for me. Find a safer alternative


Good luck





p.s. there are many other ways to gain weight


my body refuses to gain weight in my chest

No comments:

Post a Comment