Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Birth control and loss of sexual drive/arousal??

After I had my son I breastfed and took the mini pill (less hormones)... since I have stopped breastfeeding and have gone on a stronger pill it seems to me that my sex drive has gone down and it is harder for me to become aroused. Has this happened to anyone?? Is this common or is it just a coincidence?Birth control and loss of sexual drive/arousal??
There are really 2 problems here... 1 is the birth control pill that is messing with your hormonal balance. Ask your doctor for another brand or a smaller dose. If you have been on the pill for several years it might be time to try a different method like a patch or shot. The second problem is your body has changed since giving birth. This is perfectly normal and will resolve itself in time. You are focused on caring for a baby and trying to make time for everything else in the day... and then SEX? I felt that way after all 3 of my children and obviously it went away because I have 3 children!! Talk openly to your doctor about this, or the nurse if she makes you more comfortable.Birth control and loss of sexual drive/arousal??
It's common, your body has changed since having the baby. I would ask your Dr. about switching birth control methods to see if you sex drive comes back. Also, it could be subconscious. Try experimenting, try something new. As a mom of 3, after a day of cleaning house and cleaning noses and bum bum's, the thought of sex seems more exhausting. Make a date with your honey and find new ways of excitement.





Good Luck!
Problems with sex drive are an expected side effect of any birth control pill.
Birth control messes with the womans body and makes them not want to be sexual. I think its pointless. Why take something to prevent pregnancy when the same thing prevents you from having sex altogether. Oxymoron. Just dont have sex or use a condom?
YES! I've been on birth control for 7 yrs. now and have absolutely no drive. I actually got on a lower dosage of the pill in the hopes of bringing it back - but the doctor told me it will take 2 months to regulate. I'm just starting the second month so I don't know yet. But YES it definitely decreases it big time!
I had the same problem after being on birth control several years. I was fine, then all of a sudden I had no sex drive at all. Apparently it is common for this to happen after about 7 years on birth control but I guess it could happen earlier.
thats normal ur taking pills to alter ur body.. but if u took birth control pills while brest feeding. i feel bad for ur son. cause he dont need them womans hormones going into him. hopefuly he dont end up with boobs or gay. or anyhting elts for that matter. u know u should really studie up on stuff before u take it. birth control can cause many problames with a baby weither it be a boy or girl. u must be young ur self and not care about anyone but urself
that is normal! And sometimes you loss it as well after you have your tubes tied! I did then when I got my reversal I am NORMAL AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment