Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Eating disorder cycles will not stop..loss of control...?

I am a 24 yrr old female who has been struggling with both anorexia and bulimia for years. I also struggle with major depression, alcoholism and PTSD. The cycles continue and I have no control. As soon as i think i have control, which would be the anorexia part, the binging and purging jumps right back in. The impulse is done without even thinking. If I could just be put away somewhere for a month, with no food I feel like I could go back to being thinner and not tempted to stuff my feelings with food and purge it numerous times a day. I recently lost my dad to cancer, who was alcoholic, abusive and eating disordered, as well as my 19 yr old brother who killed himself a few months ago. The lonliness and secret life..can only go on for so long. I refuse to take my life by my own hand, I have done that and have had it happen...but if i continue these cycles, it will be my own hand that takes me..but no one will know it...depression, Eating disorders, suicide, lonliness..are scary..help.Eating disorder cycles will not stop..loss of control...?
The help you can get from Yahoo Answers isn't going to be enough...





You have a compulsive and addicitive personality which you have inherited from your family.





It is my suspicion you will need medication to cure most or all of that.





You need to see your doctor and get a recommendation to see a psychotherapist. He may even recommend that you check into a clinic for eating disorders, or a clinic for alcohol rehab, or both.





You DEFINITELY NEED to talk to a PROFESSIONAL about all this... please do so.Eating disorder cycles will not stop..loss of control...?
Stop it all now. y'hear? Stop.





Stop worrying about your body. Your body will take care of itself. You need to take care of you.





Eat three square meals a day, that is your medicine. When I say three, I mean three--as in breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Square as in... whatever your friend or roommate's eating. You've probably forgotten by now what it's like to eat normally. You're going to have to trust someone else if you want to get through this.





Stop drinking. Now. If you're not already, go to AA and work the program. Make the 90 meetings in 90 days or whatever. Get a sponsor. If you can hook up with ABA (Anorexics and Bulimics Anonymous), even better.





But most importantly, open up and let someone be there for you. You've admitted you have no control and life is unmanageable; now let someone help you. This is what it means that a Higher Power can restore us to sanity; God works through other people. Anorexia/bulimia can drive us into isolation through shame and loneliness, but you have nothing to be ashamed of. Congratulations, you're in recovery.





If you need someone to talk to about it, I can be here. I've been where you're at but came out the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment