Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Loss of control over eating?

I've been dieting for about a year and a half now.. I've lost over 80 lbs, and have just a few (about 7) more lbs to go..





But lately I feel I've lost ';control'; Now I do NOT go shoving my face all the time.. but suddenly when I tell myself I'm fasting for this day or this meal.. I find myself unable to do so, and when I'm home.. try to go for whatever I can find.. I do NOT eat alot at ALL (no one would think I do) .. I try to keep not too much unhealthy food in the house, but it seems that whatever I DO have, the MOST unhealthy, I eat some when I wasn't planning to..





what could be behind this sudden ';loss of control?';'; any advice?? My metabolism is SO bad right now that I gain VERY easily.. so that's why this is driving me nuts...





an example.. I try to NEVER eat supper, because it puts weight on so easily.. but I might find myself smearing Miracle whip on a couple slices of bread and eating them.. .Loss of control over eating?
First of all, that's amazing! Very few people are able to stick with any diet/exercise plan long enough to get results. You should be very proud of yourself.





I always tell people that their bodies are smarter than they are. If you are craving something, like sweets, your body may need something your not giving it (maybe not enough calories).





The one thing that helps me stick to any diet plan is a food journal. I plan out ahead of time how many calories I'm going to have, which foods, etc. and having it written down helps me to stick with it. 1. Because it's like a contract, and keeps me in line, and 2. It's a big pain to eat something not on my plan, have to change what I wrote, and re-calculate everything.





I'm sure you've heard this before, but skipping meals is a bad habit that will actually hurt your metabolism. It is better to eat smaller meals 5 or 6 times a day than to eat 2 or 3 big ones.





If you are taking in too few calories, that can also hurt your metabolism. For years I ate the 1800 calories when dieting and couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing any fat. Turns out, my caloric needs for a day are over 3000, and my diet calories shouldn't go below 2500. I was eating too little, and putting my body into a self-defense mode where it was storing all the fat it could... because I was basically starving. When I started eating more, I started losing weight because my body no longer needed to worry about starving. You can find how many calories you should be eating in a day here:


http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie鈥?/a>Loss of control over eating?
do you think the eating problems now are going hand in hand with the possible depression? Will email you later...sounds like my mother...don't want her business in YA land
Hi!!


Well, it seems like that's binge-eating. I know it may not seem like a lot of food, but for you, it's clearly not functional. Binge eating is not necessarily characterized by excessive eating (because that's different for every person - eg. what's excessive for me, may be totally normal for someone else), but it is more characterized by the loss of control over ingesting the food.


Maybe your body is trying to tell you something, listen to it... If you're not eating well, and you're eating behaviours aren't healthy, your body is trying to tell you that it needs food, and a healthy eating pattern.


Email me if you want any more info on anything!


Good luck!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment