Friday, May 14, 2010

Water broke or loss of bladder control!?

Long question but please any advise would be great. Last night I was just walking around and I had some fluid leak out of me. I was wearing black jeans so I couldn't tell coulor or anything. Nothing else happened but then this morning it happened again. I am 33 weeks pregnant and am not sure if this is my water breaking ir loss of bladder control. Would it be normal to lose control of your bladder this way? Or would it be normal for your water to break this way? I know with my first son they tried to break my water and told me it had already broken and I had no idea. I am very embarassed at the thought that I might be peeing myself.Water broke or loss of bladder control!?
the only way to know if that is urine or amniotic fluid is to get the specimen tested. it's usually through litmus paper --- if it turns red, then it's urine, since urine is acidic. if blue/purple, then it's amniotic fluid, since it's a base.








still, better go for a check-up. =)Water broke or loss of bladder control!?
My sister had the same thing happen and they told her it was incontinence. She's 26. It was actually the ';pre-waters';, if there is such a thing. They started to leak a little to start with, and then she had a proper gush before she went into labour. I'd get it checked out.
if it is your water you NEED to get to the doctor very soon so that you dont risk infection, go to the doctor and get checked.
It probably has already broken. You should see your doctor and they will do a very easy test using a swab inside your vagina. If the baby is head down and engaged it is very common that while your water has broken it's only leaking out when the baby moves a certain way. And, while gross- go grab your pants out of the laundry and muster up the courage to smell it. Amniotic fluid has a sweet smell- while urine has a more distint odor. If your water has broken- they will want to induce labor to prevent any complications. Good luck. Keep us updated!
Don't be embarrased by all means dear. Every pregnancy you have will be different. You may want to contact your doctor and see what they think or find out. There is so much pressure down on the bladder its like the bladder can't breathe!! I am not sure if it is a good or bad thing so you should contact the doctor as soon as possible incase the water is broken!
since u r only 33 weeks along in ur pregnancy, i would strongly advise u to go to the doctors straight away. coz if it is urs waters, u dont wont to risk urself or the baby. best of luck
Call the Dr right now. It could be that you have a tear in the membrane and you will need to be checked out. I sincerely doubt it is a loss of bladder control. I had a tear in mine on my second child. The Dr monitored for infection and how much fluid was still around my son.
sounds like someone is dancing on your bladder. Things get very squished when your baby is growing. Don't be embarrassed this happens all the time and often times more with your second pregnancy. If you're concerned talk to your doctor at your next visit, they can check to make sure your bag of waters is still intact. If your water breaks you pretty much will know because it is a lot more fluid than just urine.
If it was only 'some' liquid - then it's the baby pushing against your bladder. If it's a lot - then your water broke and you need to get to the hospital A.S.A.P.
You wouldn't be sure until a doctor has checked you. You should go to the hospital you're registered with just to be safe.
If there's any chance it was your water breaking, you need to call your physician immediately. A loss of amniotic fluid is dangerous to the baby, and at 33 weeks, you need to know the status.





I would call the doctor PDQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment