Wednesday, May 12, 2010

DOCTORS: Can I take Yasmin (birth control), Accutane (acne), & Topamax (for weight loss) at the same time?

I have really bad acne, so I would like to take Accutane to clear my acne. I have already been prescribed the medication by my dermatologist but I also have to take Yasmin, a birth control medication while taking Accutane. Strong Med; High Risk for Birth Defects, etc. BUT....I am also very overweight and a friend of mine was prescribed Topamax to help her with weight loss, shes lost 72 pounds using this?!!? (it was not prescribed to her b/c seizures or migraines). I know that it is okay to take Yasmin %26amp; Accutane together. Also that its okay to take Yasmin %26amp; Topamax together b/c my friend does. But I am not sure of the interaction between all three medications at the same time. Can anyone tell me if I can take all three medications at the same time? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE helpDOCTORS: Can I take Yasmin (birth control), Accutane (acne), %26amp; Topamax (for weight loss) at the same time?
If your friend has medical conditions (if i am reading right) she shouldn't go off on her own and mix drugs.





If you don't have a doctor ( i am not sure why you are asking yahoo doctors for help) call a pharmacy. Or use the good old fashioned google. It sure seems like this would be too much going on but I am no medical professional.





There is a good trick for losing weight, eat less and work out.





Also abstinence helps with birth control.

No comments:

Post a Comment