Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Scared Shitless: Loss of Bowel Control?

I am not aware of consciously controlling my bowel movements. When I feel the call of nature I can resist for awhile before I must actually go and defecate, for example, when you have to wait on a line to get your opportunity to use the bathroom. I thought that the feeling of having to empty your bowels was an involuntary response that comes whenever it comes. So how can a sudden fright cause someone, a young healthy person (ex: a soldier in battle) to **** themself - unless they already had to go to the bathroom in the first place?Scared Shitless: Loss of Bowel Control?
This is the fight or flight response. In a life-threatening emergency your body dumps massive amounts of adrenaline into the blood stream and directs blood flow away from the digestive system for use in combat or running. An injury sustained to the intestines/bladder will poison the person thus the body voids itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment