Friday, May 14, 2010

Loss of bladder control, back pain, 2wks pp...Epidural? ?

I had an epidural two weeks ago when I delivered. The epidural itself was the most painful thing I went through. Even more painful than the birth! It felt as if they hit a weird nerve, because it sent a shock through my body and caused me to jerk straight up.


I received the epidural at 5am, and didn't have it removed until 2pm. I had no bladder control, and couldn't move my lower half until about midnight or 1 that night.


Well it's been two weeks, and I have SEVERE back pain, and still do not have very good bladder control. I will just be sitting there and start peeing myself.


I've been doing my kegal's and such, but nothing seems to help.


Has anyone else had any problems from their epidurals, or know what this could be? Loss of bladder control, back pain, 2wks pp...Epidural? ?
Sounds like a pinched nerve at the site. It takes time for the pain to subside.


Take the painkillers and lots of rest (I know, easier said than done).Check with your doctor on your next appointment if you can do anything more.Do your Kegel exercises in the meanwhile, 10 times a day, 10 reps a time


Gongrats on your new babyLoss of bladder control, back pain, 2wks pp...Epidural? ?
I had mine in for way longer since I was in labor for over 24 hours. The shock is normal, it usually happens on one side or the other, they should have explained that before hand to you. I have no problems from my epidural. I am having normal aches and pains and bladder problems. You just have to retrain yourself and go every 2 hours, it will get better.
I just heard on a pregnancy show that this lady has horrible back pain from it. Talk to your doc

No comments:

Post a Comment